Standard C: Facilitating interactions and collaboration to build a supportive online community that fosters active learning.
The Online Teacher:
- Employs learner-centered instructional strategies and current practices that leverage technology for learner collaboration.
- Creates expectations for appropriate interaction among learners, including establishing netiquette requirements, modeling implementation, and enforcing the requirements.
- Develops a community among culturally diverse learners by providing opportunities for interaction that are conducive to active learning.
- Promotes learner to learner interaction in online groups in order to foster collaboration and promote higher-order thinking skills such as analysis, synthesis, and/or evaluation.
- Is able to meet the learning needs of all learners, regardless of cultural background and perspective.
Source: National Standards for Quality Online Teaching, 3rd Edition, 2019, Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance
More information is on the way!