Standard B: Supporting learning and facilitating presence with digital pedagogy.
The Online Teacher:
- Uses digital pedagogical tools that support communication, productivity, collaboration, analysis, presentation, research, content delivery, and interaction.
- Incorporates discipline-specific technologies, tools, and resources to meet individualized learner needs.
- Uses different types of tools to interact in online courses in order to nurture learner relationships, encourage learner interaction, and monitor and motivate learner engagement.
- Demonstrates basic troubleshooting skills and addresses basic technical issues as they arise.
- Supports safe digital learning spaces for all learners.
Source: National Standards for Quality Online Teaching, 3rd Edition, 2019, Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance
More information is on the way!