Standard F: Personalizing instruction based on the learner’s diverse academic, social, and emotional needs.
The Online Teacher:
- Monitors and interprets learner progress and provide reasonable additional supports to all learners.
- Communicates with appropriate staff regarding accommodations, modifications, or needs and works in collaboration to address learner needs.
- Uses data to identify learners who need additional support services.
- Creates alternative formats of course materials, if needed, in order to meet the needs of diverse learners and accommodate alternative means of access.
- Recommends assistive technologies where appropriate to meet mandated needs and address learner preferences.
- Provides additional opportunities for personalized learner growth or enrichment.
- Supports and provides a forum for sharing the varied talents and skills that learners bring to the online environment.
Source: National Standards for Quality Online Teaching, 3rd Edition, 2019, Virtual Learning Leadership Alliance
More information is on the way!